Our beautiful Mizzi's salt farm is located in South Doodlakine about 200km east of Perth…
At our Doodlakine salt farm, we set aside some pans specifically to do the magnesium oils and jellies. This takes one year to form. Once the gypsum and salt have settled the last ingredient is the magnesium oil and jelly.
What makes our magnesium oil and jelly so special is that it is NOT chemically treated to get just the magnesium chloride out but it’s a mixture of minerals and trace elements mainly magnesium but also some potassium, calcium, and zinc.
We use it mainly for skincare products but can also be used as a mineral supplement, to make tofu and also ricotta cheese. Magnesium and some of the other minerals are transdermal which means it’s absorbed by the skin where it repairs the skin and greatly reduces inflammation. So it is truly a skin rejuvenation gift from nature.
Minerals and trace elements breakdown of what is in Magnesium Jelly
- Chloride 68.14%, It helps keep the amount of fluid inside and outside of your cells in balance.
- Magnesium 23.37%, Vital for the proper functioning of hundreds of enzymes.
- Sodium 2.53%, Balances fluids in the body.
- Sulfate Ion 2.34%, It’s efficiently lift dirt and oil from the body.
- Potassium 1.98%, Lowers blood pressure.
- Boron 0.95%, It helps for building strong bones.
- Sulfur 0.88%, It build and fix your DNA and protect your cells from damage that can lead to serious diseases.
- Bromide 0.56%, It’s essential for tissue development.
- Calcium 0.08%, Imperative for bone health.
- Manganese 0.01%, Strong antioxidant properties that help to reduce disease risk.
- Aluminum 0.092%, Providing a safe barrier to bacteria and contamination in food.
- Strontium 0.010%, Given intravenously to relieve bone pain in people with advanced bone cancer.
- Iron 0.003%, Helps to preserve many vital functions in the body.
- Iodine 0.0018%, Helps to ensure proper thyroid function.
- Zinc 0.0013%, Regulates immune function.
- Lithium 0.0003%, Known for its mood-stabilizing properties.
- Copper 0.0001%, It helps maintain healthy bones, blood vessels, nerves, and immune function.
- Cobalt 0.00022%, It also maintains the nervous system and part of vitamin B-12.
- Fluoride 0.00018%, Used to improve dental health.
- Phosphorus 0.00018%, Helps the body make ATP.
- Nickel 0.00014%, An essential nutrient in some chemical processes in the body.
- Selenium 0.000090%, Fights oxidative stress and helps defend your body from chronic conditions, such as heart disease and cancer.
- Titanium 0.000036%, It possesses a unique ability to bind with bone and living tissue.
- Vanadium 0.000020%, Treating diabetes, low blood sugar, high cholesterol, heart disease, tuberculosis.
- Barium 0.000018%, It helps to absorbs X-rays and looks white on X-ray film.
- Beryllium 0.000018%, It’s excellent thermal stability and conductivity.
- Molybdenum 0.000018%, Acts as a co-factor for important enzymes.
- Chromium 0.000014%, It helps to weight-loss aid and to control blood sugar.
Both the magnesium jelly and oil are very bitter and astringent. I use the jelly as a supplement by adding around 2g to a litre of water to keep the magnesium and some other trace elements in balance. Magnesium is a very important element since its needed for at least 350 chemical reactions in our body. People deficient in magnesium feel tired, depressed, and lethargic.
It can be used to make tofu and ricotta cheese.
If you feel that you need some Magnesium Jelly please send us a buzz and we will be glad to help you.